Thursday, December 11, 2008

When Is She Coming Home? Will she be home for Christmas?

Hello everyone. I know it has been two months since I posted last. Boy has a lot happened in that time! This is the last post I put on her website http://www.chloesjourney.com/ to catch everyone up. Feel free to go and read entrys for the past couple of months. I am going to try and do better!

I am going to attempt to update you on everything that has been going on the past week and a half. It is gonna be long, so sit back and relax. On Friday November 21st around 6:30pm we got an email from our agency saying that we were put back into RENAP ( the birth certificate process) due to a mistake on the current birth certificate. RENAP mis printed something. We have since heard that it had to do with my name. The only thing we can find wrong is the "A" in my middle name LeiAnn was not capalitzed. Yes are you reading this correct. A simple tiny crazy little error like this has kept us from traveling to pick up our precious baby girl. Our facilatator Carla down in Guatemala dropped off our old birth certificate on that Friday Nov 21st and we still do not have one today. Yes 10 working days since she dropped it off. We had another friend who was down there at the time they found a mistake and they waited at RENAP for one hour and got a new one! But Carla tells us that they will not let her wait for one hour and get us a new one. We had to be put back in the process. We were doing great on raising the rest of the money we needed for the pickup trip. We are down to only needing $1900.00 more but then as of December 1, they added another $350.00 back on to our bill for the month of December child care!!!!! We would have already traveled by Dec 1st but due to the error on the birth certificate we did not. They had offered for us to come down and foster Chloe until we could bring her home, which is an option we have considered but honestly neither of us can afford to take off work that much. Some other adoptive families here from the US were down there but it seems like most of them have not been able to bring their children home, so there would not be anyone to room with if I choose to do this. (Several families would rent a house and each one get a room and share the house.) The hotels are too expensive to stay in for a month at a time. We are so confused on what to do. We have been told that they are trying to get the birth certificate by tthis week so that they can get the passports and DNA test done next week and then sent off. We could possibly pick up the week of Christmas if they are still giving appointments that week. We are still holding out hope but cannot plan anything for Christmas, traveling or anything until we know for sure which is driving me crazy! I am such a planner by nature. I like to know where I am going, what I am doing and when I am doing it! This whole adoption process we have just had to trust God. I know God wants her home with us, so we are trying to understand why there are still hangups with paperwork and she is still not home. It just does not make sense to us at all! We had a great Thanksgiving visiting with family in Alabama. My mom is such a great cook! I enjoyed spending time with my dad as well. My nephews are so funny! They were actually very precious and let me help them get their baths. Sometimes I am blessed to even get a quick hug. My cousin Cheryl gave Chloe some clothes and shoes from her little girl Ayla. So sweet of her. It actually meant a lot and I enjoyed putting them up in Chloe's room. My best friend Karen had checked on Ransom (our boxer dog) all weekend. Here sister and her family were in town from Indiana. Her sister went with Karen to fed Ransom one night and looked in our pantry for a scooby snack for Ransom. I guess when she looked she saw that we had NO groceries. She went to Kroger and blessed us with groceries so when we returned home, we had a roast, pizza, snacks, drinks, and much more all put away in our fridge and cabinets. This was like one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for us! I had not seen Karen's sister in over 10 years and for her to feel this in her heart to do for us was so humbling. Then on our way home, our good friends Bobby and Kim Bush called and wanted to take us to lunch on Sunday. Also another blessing! Then another friend called and wanted to buy what I am supposed to bring to this Coffee connection for our women's ministry this Saturday. We are doing an ornament exchange. She had already bought me an ornament! We also got word this week that a bill we owed had been written off for $50.00! So God is definately taking care of us right now which is good because some days the smallest thing seems overwhelming. Yesterday morning Greg went downstairs to leave for work and found bright red blood all over our carpet downstairs. Probably at least 30-40 spots the size of a tennis ball. It looked like someone had been shot in our living room floor and rolled around. Ransom (our boxer dog) was out of his cage walking around downstairs but we could not find one ounce of blood on him anywhere! Not even on the bottom of his feet. No paw prints. It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to us. We searched his whole body. Nothing! So sign of blood coming from him at all! It looked like bright red hair color and not even like blood. We looked and were dectives all day trying our best to figure out what happened. We never could make sense of it. Ransom never acted sick one time! He was actually more hungry and hyper than normal! That morning I freaked out because Greg had to leave me with everything when we left for work so I called my friend Cheryl from church. She came over and was such a great friend and servant to me yesterday. I tend to throw up whenever I even prick my finger, and was already gagging just looking at it. She went with me to Target and we got some cleaner and she came home with me and scrubbed my floor and prayed over my house. Last night Greg and I prayed again and covered our house. We annointed the doorposts with oil and just prayed for Chloe and everything that has been going on. We felt peace after we did this. This morning we woke up and everything seemed ok. Ransom was fine and no more red blood. Greg did however loose his wedding ring somehow yesterday. He thinks it is at home. We looked and looked the house over this morning and could not find it. Please pray we find it. More than anything, for sentimental reasons. (* We did find the wedding ring! Praise God!) Well, so far that is the highlights of the past week. I will update you more when we hear anything from Chloe. Thanks for your covering. It means the world.

PS Please pray for another adoptive familiy in California that lost their child this past week three weeks before she was to come home and live with them. We are praying for you guys. Love you so much.

Love, Greg, April and Chloe

No comments: