Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Day Before




As most of you already know, tomorrow will be Chloe's 1st Birthday. Oh how we wish we could be with her on her big day! I mailed her a package today but it will be next week before it gets there. I sent her most of the 12 months clothes and smaller shoes we had bought her. We thought for sure she would be here by now, so I hate for her to not get any good use out of them. I also sent her several hair bows that I made her! I swashed as much as I could possible put in that flat rate box! Even the man at the post office said "Looks like you have a lot in this box." The sides were slightly poking out! haha I wrote Happy Birthday in Spanish on the box.

We took down Chloe's twin bed this past weekend and put up her baby bed given to us by friends at church. We are still working on her little room, but it looks adorable so far.

We did get some good news Monday afternoon. Our lawyer said that we should be out of PGN any day now! Which is awesome! They said bout 4-6 weeks after you come out of PGN is when you travel! We are so excited! We really need you to be praying because they will ask for the 2nd half of the foreign fees which is $10,000 as soon as she comes out of PGN. We still need about $4200.00. Our case worker said to make sure and have the money ready when they ask for it so we will not have any more delays. We are believing for a miracle and that God is working behind the scenes to somehow help us get the rest of the money this week.

If you would like to make a donation, visit the home page on her website, www.chloesjourney.com and you can make a donation through PayPal.

Love you all so much!

April, Greg and Chloe too!

3 comments:

Stroup Family said...

I know it must be hard to not be able to spend your daughter's fitst bithday with her. Prayerfully you and all of the other waiting babies will be released from the Guatemalan system. You might want to consider putting up a PayPal DONATE sign on your blog and people might donate toward helping you pay for your adoption because every penny counts in the adoption fees. I see a lot of adoption blogs with DONATE signs and they raise some good money, too! well, just a thought.
Happy 1st Birthdy Cloe!
Shari

Courtney said...

Happy 1st Birthday Cloe !! Hang in there, your daughter will be home soon and then you will forget about how long and how hard the wait was to bring her home. Praying for you that you get to pick your daughter up soon. Courtney

Greg & Maria Voss said...

I'm so sorry you missed her first birthday, but at least you were able to mail that box to her. :-) Please know that you continue to be in my thoughts and I hope you received my email a couple weeks back. Call me if you want to talk. Take care of yourself.