Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Possible Delays- Please Pray!!

I tried to write yesterday, but just could not get it done. Really rough couple of weeks since I posted last. Monday night I cried myself to sleep and then Tuesday night I could not sleep much at all. Tuesday I was just in a funk all day long! I have this thing that when I get stressed I have nervous energy BAD! I start frantically cleaning out stuff like closets, drawers anything to keep me from being still. So Tuesday night I cleaned out kitchen cabinets and the TV stand. Last week I cleaned out Chloe's closet and the bathroom drawers. I had read on another adoptive mom's blog that I have been reading that she said she might be there 8-10 more weeks. Well knowing that they are already out of PGN I freaked out, because even though they said we would get out any day now, we have yet to hear anything about it. So I knew that 8-10 more weeks would then put us in Sept or Oct. We were really thinking the end of Aug or beginning of Sept. It seems every time I sort of get a time line in my head something else changes and it is delayed. I so wish we could visit her. We still have no pictures or updates on her at all. Our agency told our lawyer that we would not send our second half of money after PGN until we got some updated pictures. They will not even tell us if they got the birthday package that we sent her. So frustrating!!!! The other mom had mentioned something about RENAP which we had never heard of. Karen my new adoptive mom friend from TX sent me an email telling me what RENAP is all about. RENAP is an acronym of Registro Nacional de las Personas or National Registry of People and is a new centralized system for creating birth certificates and such in Guatemala. In theory, it sounds good and should make things easy--it's like Vital Statistics for us here in the US where we can order a birth certificate from any State with great ease. It's been a transition process to have all of the departments/states in Guatemala convert to this system and it hasn't been smooth, so that is causing some delays in getting their birth certificates. I have met some of the best adoptive moms in the past few weeks. They have really reached out to me and understand exactly what I am going through. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement both in emails and on the phone too. I do not know what I would do without you guys and your encouragement. I cannot believe I did not find you guys before now!

Please keep the benefit in your prayers. It is August 15, 16 at our church fellowship hall. Word of Life Church, 1041 Center Point Road, Hendersonville, TN. If you have things you would like to donate for the yard sale or bake sale, give us a call at 615.479.0954.

We love you so much and thanks for the prayers. A big thank you to our church family for covering us in prayer, especially Shawn, Michelle and Cheryl. I love you guys!

Love you all!
April, Greg and Chloe
PS
*** We just got this from our lawyer Carla.
"Sorry I didn't write you.... I got the package on Friday and we gave it to her this Tuesday... I ask the foster mom to change her and send me some pictures today.. so we can send those to the family... I will be calling her again to ask for them. I am also going to request today a certification from the doctor to Scan it to you so you can have all of it. We will be out of PGN very, very soon. If the family could send the payment that would be very helpful. Thanks Carla"

No comments: